Getting Ready to Use RoasTime and Roast.World
In this guide, we will be detailing how to download and install RoasTime 3, how to create an Aillio ID, and how to add your first bean to your inventory (a necessary step in order to use RoasTime 3 properly.)
Downloading and Installing RoasTime 3
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are upgrading from RoasTime 2 and want to keep your recipes, you must follow the instructions for upgrading from RoasTime 2 or you will lose your recipes permanently. Those instructions are found here: Upgrading from RoasTime 2
For everyone else, there are three (sometimes four) steps to installing RoasTime 3:
- Download the correct version
- Connect the Bullet R1 to your device
- Run the program
- (If necessary, “Force Update Drivers.”)
First: Download the correct version of RoasTime for your device at https://roastime.aillio.com (It should automatically detect and highlight the correct version for you.)
Next: Plug the roaster into the power socket to turn it on, then connect your Bullet R1 to your device via the provided USB cable, which plugs into the back of the roaster’s Control Panel.
Finally: Run the installation program and follow the on-screen instructions.
With the Bullet R1 plugged in, the USB drivers should automatically install. When RoasTime 3 opens for the first time, look at the bottom left corner. It should say “Roaster Startup” with a green light, as shown below. This indicates that the installation was successful.
If necessary: If your roaster shows as disconnected, don’t worry. You can Force Update Drivers from within the program after you create your Aillio ID.
Creating an Aillio ID
You must create an Aillio ID to gain access to all of RoasTime and Roast.World’s features.
You can either create one through the RoasTime 3 software start-up screen, or by visiting https://roast.world in your browser. Either way, the setup is exactly the same.
- Click the “Sign-Up Here” link at the bottom of the login screen.
- Enter your email address and user password and then click OR you can create the ID with Facebook by clicking the logo,
Logging into Roast.World to Find/Create Your First Bean
Before you roast, you should make sure you’ve added your bean to Roast.World. This will make logging your data much easier, and will also allow you to take advantage of Roast.World’s inventory management features.
- Login to Roast.World through your browser with your email/password or Facebook account.
- On the left is the Roast.World menu. Click on “Beans” and then “Find Beans”
- Begin by searching for your bean. You can directly type the Vendor Country, Name, Bean Origin, and/or Bean Name into the search bar to filter the results.
- If you are unable to find your bean, please directly proceed to step 5. But if you’ve found your bean, great! Make sure it’s from the correct vendor and then add the bean to your inventory by clicking on the [+] icon. You can now input the amount you have and its purchase price, as shown below.
- If you are unable to locate your bean, you will need to create it. This is quite easy: Simply click on [Create A Bean] Icon in the upper right corner of the Find Bean page and input all the necessary data, as shown below. Be sure to add the bean to your inventory, because you’ll need to have it added in order to access it within RoasTime 3.
(One important note: The more information you provide about a bean, the more useful it will be to everyone else — especially once we at Aillio get going with the machine learning and AI. So if you’re interested in being part of a potentially groundbreaking project to learn more about how best to roast coffee, help us all out!)
- Now that you’ve added the bean you plan to roast to your inventory, you’re ready for the next step: Your First Roast Step-by-Step